Tri-M Music Honor Society
Tri-M Music Honor Society, formerly known as Modern Music Masters, is a high school and middle school music honor society and is a program of the National Association for Music Education (NAfME). It is designed to recognize students for their academic and musical achievements and to provide leadership and service opportunities to young musicians. Each school has its own chapter, which is run by the students but supervised by an advisor. There are approximately 6200 participating chapters in several countries.
Students in Tri-M have an opportunity to participate in school and local community based service activities, leadership opportunities, and mentoring opportunities. These students have the chance to develop team skills, gain valuable experience for their resumes, and apply for Tri-M scholarships for college.
Current Requirements for Participation in LILA Tri-M:
- Student must be enrolled at LILA Headwaters Campus in Grade 9-12.
- Student must have and maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA (6 or above at LILA).
- Student must have been enrolled in one of the three primary ensembles (band, choir, orchestra) for at least one year prior to applying, and remain in that ensemble during their time in Tri-M.
- Student must complete an application at the end of the year to be enrolled in Tri-M the next academic year, including two letters of recommendation.
- Students application must be approved by the Advisor Board.